Fenland-based building society raises more than £31,000 for Marie Curie ... and they are just getting started
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland building society is going all out to raise funds for Marie Curie.
Colleagues and customers at Norwich & Peterborough (N&P) Building Society, which has branches in March, Wisbech and Whittlesey, have raised more than £31,000 for the charity by taking part in fundraising challenges and selling daffodil pins.
Marie Curie nurses provide support for terminally ill people and their families across the UK.
Fundraising challenges have included going up hills for daffodils with colleagues taking it in turns to try and accomplish 24,000 steps on a stepper machine.
Norwich & Peterborough Society’s community partnership manager Sasha Pauley said: “We are all proud to be supporting Marie Curie. We know it is a charity close to the hearts of many people in our communities and their generosity has been overwhelming.
“With the £31,000 raised we will be able to fund over 1,500 Marie Curie nursing hours, which is a tremendous amount.”
Every £20 raised will fund one hour of care. The building society is aiming to raise £500,000 by December 2016.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
If you would like to make a donation to the campaign, visit www.justgiving.com/hourofneed