Fenland-based building society raises more than £31,000 for Marie Curie ... and they are just getting started
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland building society is going all out to raise funds for Marie Curie.
Colleagues and customers at Norwich & Peterborough (N&P) Building Society, which has branches in March, Wisbech and Whittlesey, have raised more than £31,000 for the charity by taking part in fundraising challenges and selling daffodil pins.
Marie Curie nurses provide support for terminally ill people and their families across the UK.
Fundraising challenges have included going up hills for daffodils with colleagues taking it in turns to try and accomplish 24,000 steps on a stepper machine.
Norwich & Peterborough Society’s community partnership manager Sasha Pauley said: “We are all proud to be supporting Marie Curie. We know it is a charity close to the hearts of many people in our communities and their generosity has been overwhelming.
You may also want to watch:
“With the £31,000 raised we will be able to fund over 1,500 Marie Curie nursing hours, which is a tremendous amount.”
Every £20 raised will fund one hour of care. The building society is aiming to raise £500,000 by December 2016.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
If you would like to make a donation to the campaign, visit www.justgiving.com/hourofneed