Fenland Big Weekender is a swinging success as organisers look forward to next year ...
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Big Weekender was a real groovy success with a sell-out launch dinner dance and a host of 1960s activities that attracted the crowds.
Now organisers are hoping it will be back next year, bigger and better than ever.
The marquee venue at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel was swinging at the dinner dance on Friday evening, before being transformed into a Hi-De-Hi style holiday camp of fun on Saturday, with lots of activities with a real ‘60s flavour including glamorous granny and bonniest baby competitions, a craft fair, stalls, candy floss and Punch and Judy shows.
Saturday night saw a hugely successful talent competition, while Sunday saw the marquee become a cinema showing classic films Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Italian Job from the era.
“It was a really awesome weekend. Loads of fun for all the family and I’m sure all those who came along over the three days had a great time,” said Cambs Times editor John Elworthy.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend March town saw a range of events taking place in the marquee near Oliver Cromwell Hotel. Over 530 people enjoyed the 1960s music, singing, dancing, and watching 1960s films.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens