Fenland Bonsai Club display trees at Tesco Wisbech to attract more members
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Bonsai Club put on a display of trees at Tesco in Wisbech on Saturday to attract more members.
With a stall at the bottom of the escalator in the store on Cromwell Road, the aim of the display was to attract new people as well as showing bonsai to the general public.
Club member Sandy Reid said: “It was a very good place to be. We did see quite a few people.
“Lots of people showed an interest but we’ll see how many people turn up to the meeting.
“We’re always looking for more members and it would be nice to see a few more people come along.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a fount of knowledge on bonsai; we have a japanese bonsai master who takes us for sessions four times a year. He’s the only Japanese-trained bonsai master in the country at the moment.
“Generally the standard of our entries has risen over the last few years and continues to improve.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The next meeting will take place on the third Friday of June at Newton Village Hall and it costs £20 per year to join the club.
Visit http://fenland-bonsai.ddns.net/ if you would like to join or more information.