FEBA: Small Business of the Year 2017 winner AD Sutton Motor Engineers Ltd answer our questions
- Credit: Archant
Small Business of the Year 2017 winner AD Sutton Motor Engineers Ltd
• What has happened at AD Sutton Motor Engineers Limited since winning in 2017?
We are going from strength to strength. Providing good quaility VW group servicing, MOT’s, tyres, air conditioning re-gas and car sales
• What have been the company’s main challenges in 2017/18?
Promoting the car sales side of the business. Finding good quality VW group vehicles for customers old and new has been challenging, however, we endeavour to search for them.
You may also want to watch:
• What has been your biggest success in 2017/18?
The company growing with new customers, as well as our existing ones, visiting us for advise and support with maintaining their vehicles to a high standard.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
• What are AD Sutton Motor Engineers Limited plans for 2018 and beyond?
We will soon be looking for extra staff to help maintain/improve our customer service and high quality of work.
• What did winning the awards mean to you and what would you say to businesses thinking about entering the awards for the first time?
It is lovely hearing customers’ positive comments about the awards and brings a good vibe into the workplace.
The judges said: “AD Sutton Engineers are a VE group specialist serving the needs of the motoring community within the Fenland area.
“Adam and Emma Sutton have overcome significant commercial and personal adversity, adapting their business plan to continue to offer excellence to its growing customer base.
“The company have a robust business plan and a clear vision for the future development of the company.
“There is no doubt in the judges minds that this will lead to further success for the company – making A D Sutton a thoroughly deserving winner of the award.”
Outline of business
Is the business profitable? Account evidence required
How has it successfully adapted to changing markets?
How does it fit into its marketplace?
What are the plans for development?
This category is available for sponsorship.
Is the business financially sound? Account evidence required.
To what extent has it adapted successfully to changing economic circumstances?
Are its measurements of success responsive to the current market?
What plans does the business have for the next 3 years trading and how realistic are they?