Fenland Business Awards Q&A with 2017 employer of the year Swann Edwards Architecture Limited
- Credit: Archant
Employer of the Year: Swann Edwards Architecture Limited
• Briefly what has happened at Swann Edwards Architecture Limited since winning the Employer of the Year Award in 2017?
Since the awards Swann Edwards has continued to grow and support the existing team and we believe that the employer of the year award has assisted in attracting more talented applicants. We have recently added two new trainees to our team, a Chartered Architect and Chartered Town Planner and this has allowed us to strengthen and increase our service offering to clients.
• What have been the company’s main challenges in 2017/18?
Our previous challenges have been attracting new team members due to our location within the region, however, this has significantly improved as a result of our new studio premises and winning the Employer of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
• What has been your biggest success in 2017/18?
Throughout the year we have continued to improve our services and are currently in the process of launching our new website which will improve the information available to our clients.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Our Certified Passivhaus design studio on the A47 at Guyhirn have proven to be a very big success for the practice and has generated new business and improved the working environment for the team as well as reducing our carbon footprint and impact on the environment.
• What are Swann Edwards Architecture Limited plans for 2018 and beyond?
We are aiming to continue our sustainable growth and to strengthen our team as well as increasing our service offering to our clients.
• What did winning the awards mean to you and what would you say to businesses thinking about entering the awards for the first time?
The awards were a fantastic achievement and really helped us secure recognition for the whole team. The people at Swann Edwards make the architectural practice and ensure we offer the highest level of personal and professional service to our clients.
The awards have helped us secure more talented team members, boost moral and demonstrate to our client base that we are a responsible and ethical business that cares about all that work here.
As a result we believe the awards have helped us appeal to a wider audience that may have differing drivers when making their decision to engage with an Architect’s practice.
The judges said: “This business blew the judges away with their culture and ethos. This business takes what they offer their employees to a whole new level the likes of which they judges have never encountered.
“The winner is truly worthy of this award and their practices should be celebrated across our business community.”