Fenland businesses back breastfeeding scheme
- Credit: Archant
FIFTEEN businesses across Fenland have already signed up to support a new scheme designed to welcome breastfeeding mothers to their premises.
The project called Breastfeeding Welcome is being run in conjunction with Fenland District Council., and is part of a wider strategy to improve babies’ health.
The businesses supporting the campaign include shops, pubs, restaurants and other enterprises, ranging from Beales Department Store in Wisbech to the Christian Bookshop in March and Play 2 Day in Guyhirn. A full list can be found on FDC’s website.
All agree to display a special Breastfeeding Welcome sticker and make all their employees aware of their support for the project.
Mothers have a legal right to breastfeed their babies wherever they choose. However, many are concerned that they may be made to feel unwelcome.
You may also want to watch:
David Butler, manager of Beales, said: “The scheme is an excellent idea. Breastfeeding is the healthiest option for mothers and their babies and we are very happy to display the sticker in our restaurant.”
• For more information or if you would like your business to take part, please call FDC’s environmental health team on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle