Fenland businesses eligible for connection vouchers of up to £3,000 to pay for installing superfast broadband
- Credit: Archant
A Government scheme to help small and medium businesses install superfast broadband has been extended to companies in Fenland.
Connection vouchers, providing funding of between £100 and £3,000, which were previously only available in Cambridge and the surrounding area, pay for the one-off cost of installing superfast broadband to offices.
Fenland has almost 3,500 businesses that could benefit from the funding. Charities and social enterprises are also eligible.
Groups of businesses can apply together for connection vouchers and pool the funding together. This enables a whole office block or business park to be upgraded to superfast broadband.
Digital Economy Minister Ed Vaizey said: “This is fantastic news for Fenland businesses, and I’d encourage any firm that’s struggling with slow internet speeds to apply for a voucher immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor David Oliver, Fenland District Council’s Cabinet Member responsible for broadband, said: “Installing superfast broadband can be expensive, so these vouchers could really make a big difference. I’d urge people to get their applications in as soon as possible.”
Businesses can find out more about connection vouchers and apply online on the Destination Digital website: www.destinationdigital.info
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home