Fenland businessman Darrel Else dies at his home
BUSINESSMAN Darrel Else, the driving force behind the well-known Fenland furniture company, has died aged 68.
The business at Leverington Common was first established in 1965 by Darrel’s father and has gone from strength to strength as Darrel Else Furnishers Ltd.
Mr Else died at his home on Friday and a funeral service will be held next Wednesday at Parson Drove Parish Church.
He was married to Anne and the couple had three children, Daryl, Darran and Dale.
Once asked about the success of the business, Mr Else said: “We are really out in the sticks but we look after people when they’re here and make them feel their visit has been worth their while.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the person he admired most was his father. Mr Else said: “He was very bold in business and could make a profit out of anything.”
Asked what he would most like to be remembered for, he said: “Being straight and being fair.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa