Fenland businessman Darrel Else dies at his home
BUSINESSMAN Darrel Else, the driving force behind the well-known Fenland furniture company, has died aged 68.
The business at Leverington Common was first established in 1965 by Darrel’s father and has gone from strength to strength as Darrel Else Furnishers Ltd.
Mr Else died at his home on Friday and a funeral service will be held next Wednesday at Parson Drove Parish Church.
He was married to Anne and the couple had three children, Daryl, Darran and Dale.
Once asked about the success of the business, Mr Else said: “We are really out in the sticks but we look after people when they’re here and make them feel their visit has been worth their while.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the person he admired most was his father. Mr Else said: “He was very bold in business and could make a profit out of anything.”
Asked what he would most like to be remembered for, he said: “Being straight and being fair.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 7 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 8 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council