Fenland caravan owners urged to check security after spate of thefts
CARAVAN owners are being urged to check their security following a spate of thefts - including one from outside a Fenland home.
A caravan was stolen at some point between April 2-5 from a property in Kirkgate Road, Tydd St Giles, near Wisbech.
Since the beginning of the month, seven caravans have been stolen from the Fenland and Huntingdon areas and officers are urging owners to take all precautions they can.
Crime reduction officer Julie Hanrahan said: “With the nicer spring weather we often get an increase in caravan crime and I would urge owners to keep theirs as secure as possible.
“I would also advise them to ensure they are marked with a post code or index number on the roof and to put property marking stickers on the inside of windows.
You may also want to watch:
“Using wheel locks is advisable and another tip is to ensure the towing hitch is pointed away from the road when the caravan is left unattended.”
For more information contact the community safety unit on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 7 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
Full details of the thefts are:
One was stolen between April 2 and 5 at a property in Kirkgate Road, Tydd St Giles, near Wisbech.
Two were stolen between April 5 and 7 at South Lake Water Sports caravan site in Little Paxton.
One was stolen from a farm in Perry Road, Buckden, between April 10 and 11.
One was stolen from a farm in Hamerton Road, Alconbury Weston, between April 12 and 13.
One was stolen from a driveway of a property in Main Street, Old Weston, between April 17 and 18.
The latest theft happened at a farm in Perry Road, Buckden, overnight Tuesday to Wednesday (April 19-20).