Fenland charity Eddie’s looking for volunteers for arts, crafts and drama club
- Credit: Archant
A charity is looking for volunteers to help run an arts, crafts and drama club for adults with learning disabilities.
Artworks, which is run by Cambridgeshire charity Eddie’s, needs volunteers for their group sessions on Mondays or Tuesdays.
Activities include painting, paper mache, jewellery making, sewing, drama and singing. The group puts together two shows each year for family and friends.
Suzanne Lombardo, of Eddie’s, said: “Together with the arts tutor, volunteers will help group members to increase their self confidence and improve their communication skills.
“It also offers people the chance to socialise, learn to work in a team and build new friendship groups.
You may also want to watch:
“We provide all volunteers with full training and support, regular volunteer socials and reimbursement of travel expenses.”
Artworks runs on Mondays and Tuesdays between 10am-3pm at 88 High Street, March.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
Volunteers are welcome to help for a couple of hours or for the day, however a regular commitment is essential.
If you would like to find out more about getting involved with Artworks either as a volunteer or a group member contact Suzanne on 01354 651166 or e-mail Suzanne.email@example.com.