Fenland charity Eddie’s looking for volunteers to work with adults with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
A charity which helps adults with learning disabilities across Fenland is appealing for volunteers.
Volunteers are needed at Eddie’s for the Artworks day service and one to one befriending.
All training provided is free and many volunteers have gone on to gain jobs within the care sector.
Suzanne Lombardo, volunteers support co-ordinator, said: “At Eddie’s we pride ourselves on the training opportunities we have available for new volunteers who are able to fit it in around work and home commitments.
“We are really keen to meet with anyone who thinks they might be interested in volunteering.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t need any experience of supporting someone with a learning disability to volunteer with Eddie’s as everything is covered in the training to help volunteers get started.
“The Artworks day centre is open on Mondays and Tuesdays from 10am-3pm and we will be expanding our opening to Wednesdays in the very near future.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“Artworks is a wonderful environment and it gives people the opportunity to enjoy arts and crafts whilst making friends and socialising with other members and volunteers.
“The group also takes part in music and drama activities so there is a wide range of activities on offer.”
For more information, contact Suzanne Lombardo on 01354 651166 or email Suzanne.email@example.com.