Fenland charity pledges to build four community gardens after Comic Relief support
- Credit: Archant
A FENLAND charity will create four community gardens after receiving almost £5,000 in funding from Comic Relief.
The funding amounting to £4,830 has been made available to FACET (Fenland Area Community Enterprise Trust) through the Comic Relief Local Communities Programme, supported by the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation.
The community gardens will be created this spring and summer at a residential care facility, local school, sheltered housing complex and a workplace.
FACET, which helps people with disabilities receive training and employment opportunities, is inviting applications from the Fenland community for the garden to be created in an area of their choice, as long as it fits within the criteria already mentioned as far as location is concerned.
Applications will need to show why the garden would be important to the facility concerned and what difference it would make.
You may also want to watch:
They must be made in writing, either by letter to FACET at the Marwick Centre, 21 Marwick Road, March, Cambs, PE15 8PH or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications will be February 22 and the panel’s decision will be final.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
To find out more about FACET please contact: Linda Ingram, CEO, FACET on 01354 655080 or 07740 286154