Fenland Coeliac Group prepares to begin busy events schedule
- Credit: Archant
The Fenland and District Coeliac Group is preparing to kick off its schedule of events - beginning with a gluten-free food fair on October 17th.
The group is one of only several in the UK who organise events and meetings for those who suffer from an intolerance to gluten.
Formed in 2003, group organiser John Buffham is attempting to unify Coeliac’s sufferers or people affected by the disease through a number of events, including coffee mornings and meals.
The group has a busy schedule of events which runs until the end of the year, starting with a food fair on Saturday 17th October,
19 food manufacturers, including five new companies, will be showcasing their gluten-free products alongside a book stall, tombola and advice from a dietician. The fair is being held at University Centre at Peterborough Reginal College, Park Crescent, Peterborough and is open from 10am until 2pm. Entry is £1 and under 16s are free.
You may also want to watch:
On November 14th a coffee morning is to be held at St. John Ambulance Hall, Whittlesey from 10.30am until 12.30pm, Entry is free.
In December, the group will be running at stall at Downham Market town hall on Saturday 12th December, where cake and card stalls will be on offer.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
The group’s final event for 2015 will be a Christmas meal being held at The George Hotel, Stamford on Saturday 19th December.
Fenland and District Coeliac group are always welcoming new members, and anyone interested in attending events or becoming a member should contact John Buffham on email@example.com.