Fenland community nursing service team wins top county prize for exceeding national ‘gold standards’
A FENLAND community nursing service team has won a top county prize for displaying a quality of service and compliance with safety that has exceeded national ‘gold standards’.
The Fenland Anticoagulation Nursing Service (FANS) - who measure blood clotting levels to enable the safe prescription of medication such as Warfarin - received the award at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Audit Network (CAPCAN) conference.
They picked up the prize for an audit spanning three years worth of data.
Julie Braine, manager of anticoagulation services at Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, said: “The British Committee for Standards in Haematology (BCSH) identifies that the percentage of days where patients should remain within a normal range for the time it takes for blood to clot is 60 per cent.
“Our audit demonstrated that last year 92 per cent of patients remained within their treatment range, far exceeding the BCSH’s gold standard.”
You may also want to watch:
Graham Nice, chief nurse at Cambs NHS Trust, said: “The standards of care and safety that the team’s specialist nurses have achieved are exceptional.
“Overall the judges felt that the team’s audit demonstrated not only high levels of quality and safety but a real commitment to ensuring each and every one of their patients receives personalised care.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’