Fenland Council employs less personnel than in 2000 - so how many chargeable dwellings does it have?
VERY interested in Brakespeare’s article “It’s quite a job” in that in 2005 I requested and was sent the figures for Fenland District Council personnel and the number of chargeable dwellings.
Some, if not all made interesting reading in that:
• In 2000/01 FDC employed a total of 591 personnel to look after 36,430 chargeable dwellings
• In 2005/06 FDC employed a total of 758 personnel to look after 38,995 chargeable dwellings
My maths may need checking but this appeared to be a seven per cent increase in chargeable dwellings for a 28 per cent increase in personnel.
You may also want to watch:
You can imagine my interest when I saw your article in which the figure given to you by the GMB union show that the council now employs only 515 personnel.
If this is correct well done to the council for employing less personnel than in 2000.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
I would be interested to know how many chargeable dwellings the council now has?