Fenland Council releases details about changes to opening hours and bin collections over Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Fenland District Council’s offices will close for Christmas at 12.30pm on Christmas Eve, reopening at 9am on January 2.
However, residents can still call 01354 654321 with inquiries about all council services at these times:
• Christmas Day and Boxing Day: Closed
• December 27: 9am-5pm
• December 28: 9am-noon
You may also want to watch:
• December 29: Closed
• December 30: 9am-5pm
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
• December 31: 9am-5pm
• January 1: Closed
Chatteris Community Hub closes at 1pm on Dec 24, reopening at 10am on January 3.
The one-stop shops in March, Whittlesey and Wisbech all close at 12.30pm on Dec 24. The Whittlesey and Wisbech shops reopen at 9am on Jan 2 and the March shop reopens at 9am on Jan 3.
The council’s leisure centre also has revised opening hours:
• Christmas Eve: March and Whittlesey open 6.30am-1pm; Chatteris open 7am-1pm; Wisbech closed.
• Christmas Day and Boxing Day: All closed.
• December 27-30: All open 8am-4pm.
• December 31-January 1: All closed.
Some activity areas may also close over the Christmas break due to improvement works.
Finally, there will be some changes to people’s normal bin collection days over Christmas and New Year.
The revised collection days are shown in bold below:
December 24: Normal
December 25: December 27
December 26: December 28
December 27: December 30
December 30: December 31
December 31: January 2
January 1: January 3
January 2: January 4
January 3: January 6
January 6: January 7
January 7: January 8
January 8: January 9
January 9: January 10
January 10: January 11
Make sure you put your bins out by 7am on the correct day.
You can also check your collection day by visiting www.fenland.gov.uk/bins