Fenland Council’s latest plan to move Wisbech taxi rank will put users at risk
YET again Fenland District Council is planning to move the taxi rank and although this move is only a matter of a few yards we believe this move will put the taxi users at risk of a possible accident.
Under the new proposals you are being asked to cross over the bus lanes in front of buses, delivery vehicles and cars to access your taxi.
The Mayor of Wisbech has also spoken very strongly against these proposals.
No consideration seems to have been given in the new proposals to the disabled, frail, elderly and mothers with young children who, we believe, will be particularly at risk from having to cross the access roads to get to their taxi.
It will only be a matter of time, should these proposals go ahead, before a serious injury or, worse still, somebody is killed.
You may also want to watch:
If you agree with us about the possible dangers contact your councillor or write to Trevor Watson, Head of Assets and Projects, Fenland District Council, Fenland Hall, County Road, March PE15 8NQ. Alternatively, e-mail WDHCDA@aol.com no later than January 12. We will pass on any comments you wish to make.
Meanwhile, Wisbech drivers will be asking you to sign a petition asking the council to leave the rank where it is. Our main concern is your safety as taxi users.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
WISBECH AND DISTRICT HACKNEY CARRIAGE DRIVERS ASSOCIATION