Fenland Council’s leader and chief exec spend day working at leisure centre
Fenland District Council’s leader and chief executive spent a day working alongside staff at one of the council’s leisure centres to learn more about the services they provide.
Alan Melton, Council Leader, and Sandra Claxton the council’s chief executive worked with staff at Manor Leisure Centre in Whittlesey.
The pair learnt about the countless tasks employees undertake to keep the swimming pool clean and available for public use.
Cllr Melton and Mrs Claxton were also shown around the site and helped with other tasks that staff do on a daily basis before serving teas and coffees to bowls players.
Cllr Melton said: “I had a brilliant time and learnt an awful lot during the first of many projects we hope to do which will give us an opportunity to find out what really happens on the frontline.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of work goes on behind the scenes at the swimming pool by dedicated staff who provide services on behalf of the council for the public.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s