Triumphant March triathletes raise £180 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Brave triathletes tackled grueling gales as part of charity event on Sunday (October 22).
A total of 17 fitness enthusiasts took part in the New Vision Fitness Triathlon, held at the George Campbell Leisure Centre in March in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Participants began with a 300-metre swim in the pool, followed by a 45-minute indoor cycle and finished with a blustery 5km run around West End Park.
The event was launched by Councillor Kay Mayor, chairman of Fenland District Council, which runs the centre, and Cllr Michelle Tanfield, the council’s cabinet member for leisure, and they joined spectators to cheer everyone on.
An impressive £180 was raised on the day, taking the George Campbell’s fundraising total for Macmillan, with its charity bake off on October 13, to £460.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Mayor, who chose to support Macmillan for her term in office, said: “It was great to be part of such a fantastic charity event, and my congratulations go to everyone who took part and braved some very windy conditions at the end!”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 10 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab