Fenland Crematorium holds public information open day
FENLAND Crematorium held a public information open day on Saturday.
The crematorium, in Knights End Road, March, opened its doors to the public giving visitors an opportunity to have a look around the building and memorial gardens.
Staff were on hand to answer questions and to explain the cremation process and how the crematorium - managed by Dignity - operates.
Chris Black, Crematoria Manager for Dignity at Fenland said: “Fenland Crematorium provides the local community with the highest possible standards of service and facilities that are second to none.
“We are offering shorter journey times and services that last 45 minutes so families do not feel rushed on the day they want to remember their loved one.
You may also want to watch:
“The grounds of the crematorium will continue to be developed so that our visitors have a place of beauty and tranquillity in which to pay their last respects. This event was a really great opportunity for local people to visit this facility and understand how the Crematorium operates.”
Dignity operates 34 other sites in towns and cities across the country.
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 9 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award