Fenland dancer offered dream job after impressing as young apprentice
A FENLAND dancer has landed his dream job after joining a leading UK contemporary dance company six months after joining as an apprentice.
Gareth Mole, 23, was rewarded after impressing bosses since joining the National Dance Company Wales last August.
Annette Connolly, Dance Lecturer at The College of West Anglia, paid tribute to her former student who showed great potential during his National Diploma course six years ago.
She said: “Gareth showed promise with excellent dance technique and commitment to the course whilst here at the college. He had innovative creative ideas which led him to create several dance pieces for dance shows at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
“He invited me to his London Contemporary Dance School graduation performance last summer where I was so impressed with the standard of his work. I have to admit to being extremely proud to have been a part of his training.”
You may also want to watch:
Gareth, who also has a first class degree in Contemporary Dance, said: “I now work with some of the most amazing choreographers in the world. I owe a lot of my knowledge and success to the dance course at the college.
“I’ve enjoyed working with NDCWales, learning what happens in a professional dance environment and I am over the moon that they have offered me my dream job.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
The Doddington born dancer is currently touring the UK, performing in three works, By Singing Light, Romance Inverse and Quixoteland.
Ann Sholem, NDCWales artistic director said: “Gareth has been an incredible asset in the short while he has been with us. He has used his time here to impress us with his multitude of skills.
“We would have been foolish to let him go and we’re thrilled he accepted the position.”