Fenland dancer offered dream job after impressing as young apprentice
A FENLAND dancer has landed his dream job after joining a leading UK contemporary dance company six months after joining as an apprentice.
Gareth Mole, 23, was rewarded after impressing bosses since joining the National Dance Company Wales last August.
Annette Connolly, Dance Lecturer at The College of West Anglia, paid tribute to her former student who showed great potential during his National Diploma course six years ago.
She said: “Gareth showed promise with excellent dance technique and commitment to the course whilst here at the college. He had innovative creative ideas which led him to create several dance pieces for dance shows at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
“He invited me to his London Contemporary Dance School graduation performance last summer where I was so impressed with the standard of his work. I have to admit to being extremely proud to have been a part of his training.”
You may also want to watch:
Gareth, who also has a first class degree in Contemporary Dance, said: “I now work with some of the most amazing choreographers in the world. I owe a lot of my knowledge and success to the dance course at the college.
“I’ve enjoyed working with NDCWales, learning what happens in a professional dance environment and I am over the moon that they have offered me my dream job.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
The Doddington born dancer is currently touring the UK, performing in three works, By Singing Light, Romance Inverse and Quixoteland.
Ann Sholem, NDCWales artistic director said: “Gareth has been an incredible asset in the short while he has been with us. He has used his time here to impress us with his multitude of skills.
“We would have been foolish to let him go and we’re thrilled he accepted the position.”