District council chairman Councillor Kay Mayor’s coffee morning helps raise hundreds for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
Staff, councillors and members of the public joined Fenland District Council chairman Councillor Kay Mayor, for her Macmillan coffee morning last week.
Freshly-baked cakes and sausage rolls were on sale in the council chamber at Fenland Hall, and there was also a raffle and dress down day for council staff on Thursday (September 28).
The following day, the council’s environmental staff also held a coffee morning at The Base in Melbourne Avenue with cakes and pizza on offer, taking the council’s total fundraising to an impressive £948.
Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is the charity’s biggest fundraising event, with almost £30 million raised last year.
The first ever event was held in 1990 and since then it has raised over £165.5 million for Macmillan.
You may also want to watch:
• For more information, visit www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car