Fenland District Council councillors’ meeting attendance rates and allowances revealed
- Credit: Archant
Only eight councillors attended all their meetings, with some councillors attending less than half of them, a report has revealed.
According to Fenland District Council’s members allowances scheme, between April 1 2014 and March 31 2015, council leader John Clark (22 out of 22), Councillor Jonathan Farmer (four from four), Councillor Jan French (17 from 17), Councillor Kay Mayor (27 from 27), Councillor Ken Mayor (six from six), Councillor Alex Miscandlon (27 from 27), Councillor Michelle Tanfield (17 from 17) and Councillor Steve Tierney (nine from nine) had perfect attendance.
Councillor Will Sutton (43 from 44) had the busiest schedule, followed by Councillor Peter Murphy (34 from 36) and Councillor Kit Owen (30 from 34).
The councillors with the lowest average attendance were Councillor Mark Archer (two from 10), Councillor Martin Curtis (two from six), Councillor Pop Jolley (three from seven) and Councillor Steve Garrett (three from seven).
In total, councillors attended 83.8 per cent of meetings (638 out of 761).
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Murphy (£1,865.40) claimed the most for travel and subsistence, followed by Councillor Ken Mayor (£1,122.75), Councillor Will Sutton (£1,030.95) and Councillor David Oliver (£1,028.35).
Councillor Rob Skoulding did not claim any allowance, while Councillor Gavin Booth, council leader John Clark, Councillor Dave Patrick and Councillor Will Sutton opted not to receive the agreed increase to the allocated allowance.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Councillor Jonathan Farmer was disqualified for possession of a firearm, while Councillor Mark Archer was disqualified after upping sticks and moving abroad.
ATTENDANCE (per cent)
M Bucknor 73.7
V Bucknor 71.4
J Clark 100
S Clark 86.7
Kay Mayor 100
Ken Mayor 100