Fenland District Council election 2015: Anne Hay returned unopposed for The Mills
- Credit: Archant
Anne Hay is the new councillor for The Mills, Chatteris, after she was unopposed in the election.
Mrs Hay has lived in the ward for more than 37 years.
Prior to retirement, she worked as financial accountant for Chatteris firm MMUK Ltd for 11 years.
She is married with two children and six grandchildren, all of whom still live in the area.
For the last two years she has been the independent member of the council’s conduct committee. Other interests include volunteering for Care Network, which helps people settle back in their own homes after discharge from hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She is also a panellist for the Cambridge School Admissions Appeals panel.
Mrs Hay is a player and committee member of Chatteris Town Bowls Club and, in the winter months, plays short mat bowls at the King Edward Centre.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
She was a founder member of Chatteris Breast Friends, a group set up to offer support to anyone affected by cancer, and was a committee member of Chatteris Car Scheme when it was established in the 1980s.