Fenland District Council receives glowing report from auditors
- Credit: Archant
External auditors have praised the way Fenland District Council manages its finances.
In their annual audit letter, presented to the council’s Corporate Governance Committee on Tuesday, PricewaterhouseCoopers said the council manages all its resources efficiently and gives good value for money.
They said: “The Council manages its finances well, making it a pleasure to work with the team.
We are very grateful for the cooperation we have received, the high quality of the working papers and timeliness of provision of information.
“We issued an unqualified conclusion on the ability of the organisation to secure proper arrangements to secure economy, efficiency and effectiveness in its use of resources.”
You may also want to watch:
Council leader Alan Melton said: “At a time like now, when all councils are seeing their finances being very severely squeezed, it is even more important that we manage all our finances very carefully and efficiently.
“This very positive, independent report proves that we are continuing to do that.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government