Fenland diving centre to hold unique underwater Royal Wedding party
DIVERS will go underwater to toast William and Kate’s big day on Friday as Fenland hosts a unique Royal Wedding party.
As billions of people across the globe prepare to enjoy street parties Gildenburgh Water, in Whittlesey, has organised a dive party which promises to offer an alternative to sandwiches and cakes in the street.
For 12 hours, divers from across Cambridgeshire will celebrate the happy couple’s wedding with non-alcholic bubbly at the former brickyard lake site.
Free entry, swimming and canoeing for spectators at the national scuba diving centre in Whittlesey is expected to draw the crowds with a lavish array of ‘royal dishes at peasant prices’ on offer.
Chief instructor Ian Forster said: “A Royal Wedding is a rare event and most people want to do something different on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Diving appeals to young and old alike, so it’s a great way to enjoy some relaxing, quality time with friends and family by the water. There’s even a large screen TV for those who want to watch the Royal Wedding live.”
To keep the fun bubbling above the water as well as under it, Mr Foster has organised a treasure hunt for crowns and tiaras, mystery land and lake activities, a Royal Fancy Dress Competition, and lots of wet sponges to punish treasonous divers imprisoned in the stocks.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
Free tickets can be reserved on www.gildenburgh.com or by calling 01733 351288.