Fenland diving centre to hold unique underwater Royal Wedding party
DIVERS will go underwater to toast William and Kate’s big day on Friday as Fenland hosts a unique Royal Wedding party.
As billions of people across the globe prepare to enjoy street parties Gildenburgh Water, in Whittlesey, has organised a dive party which promises to offer an alternative to sandwiches and cakes in the street.
For 12 hours, divers from across Cambridgeshire will celebrate the happy couple’s wedding with non-alcholic bubbly at the former brickyard lake site.
Free entry, swimming and canoeing for spectators at the national scuba diving centre in Whittlesey is expected to draw the crowds with a lavish array of ‘royal dishes at peasant prices’ on offer.
Chief instructor Ian Forster said: “A Royal Wedding is a rare event and most people want to do something different on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Diving appeals to young and old alike, so it’s a great way to enjoy some relaxing, quality time with friends and family by the water. There’s even a large screen TV for those who want to watch the Royal Wedding live.”
To keep the fun bubbling above the water as well as under it, Mr Foster has organised a treasure hunt for crowns and tiaras, mystery land and lake activities, a Royal Fancy Dress Competition, and lots of wet sponges to punish treasonous divers imprisoned in the stocks.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 6 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 9 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
Free tickets can be reserved on www.gildenburgh.com or by calling 01733 351288.