Charity tractor road run returns this weekend
- Credit: DAN MASON
The Fenland Farmers will stage their second charity tractor road run this Sunday (May 30).
Their aim is to raise money for Magpas whilst on route and they will be passing through Manea between 11-11.15am.
The tractors will enter the village from Westfield Road and drive through to Fodder Fen.
"Please have a few coins available, for their collection buckets and be out on the roadside to give them a wave as they pass through," say organisers.
"Due to us having to cancel this year's Manea Gala, this tractor road run will be an excellent event for everyone, to give you all the feel-good factor we have missed out on, for so long.
You may also want to watch:
"Massive thanks to the guys involved, and judging by previous events that they have organised, there will be a huge amount of tractors on the roads."
The route will be approx 30 miles, and will incorporate Chatteris, Manea, Christchurch, March, Doddington and Wimblington.
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Ex-employee ordered to pay £2k after losing ‘age discrimination’ case
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Drink driver reported after village crash
- 9 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
Residents are welcome to view the tractors at Parkfield in Wimblington at the end of the run.