Charity tractor road run returns this weekend
- Credit: DAN MASON
The Fenland Farmers will stage their second charity tractor road run this Sunday (May 30).
Their aim is to raise money for Magpas whilst on route and they will be passing through Manea between 11-11.15am.
The tractors will enter the village from Westfield Road and drive through to Fodder Fen.
"Please have a few coins available, for their collection buckets and be out on the roadside to give them a wave as they pass through," say organisers.
"Due to us having to cancel this year's Manea Gala, this tractor road run will be an excellent event for everyone, to give you all the feel-good factor we have missed out on, for so long.
You may also want to watch:
"Massive thanks to the guys involved, and judging by previous events that they have organised, there will be a huge amount of tractors on the roads."
The route will be approx 30 miles, and will incorporate Chatteris, Manea, Christchurch, March, Doddington and Wimblington.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Residents are welcome to view the tractors at Parkfield in Wimblington at the end of the run.