Shed fire nearly spread to houses in Chatteris and combine harvester alight in Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
A shed fire nearly spread to fences and houses in Chatteris while a combine harvester was alight in Parson Drove.
Fire crews were called to both incidents on Saturday (August 10).
The first incident saw crews from Wisbech and March attend the combine harvester fire on Long Drove, Parson Drove, just before 4pm.
Meanwhile in Chatteris at 9.55pm a shed fire was put out by one crew from Chatteris and one crew from March at Station Street.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Firefighters arrived to find a shed on fire that was spreading to fencing and houses.
You may also want to watch:
"They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 11.35pm."
The cause of both fires was accidental.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation