Shed fire nearly spread to houses in Chatteris and combine harvester alight in Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
A shed fire nearly spread to fences and houses in Chatteris while a combine harvester was alight in Parson Drove.
Fire crews were called to both incidents on Saturday (August 10).
The first incident saw crews from Wisbech and March attend the combine harvester fire on Long Drove, Parson Drove, just before 4pm.
Meanwhile in Chatteris at 9.55pm a shed fire was put out by one crew from Chatteris and one crew from March at Station Street.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Firefighters arrived to find a shed on fire that was spreading to fencing and houses.
You may also want to watch:
"They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 11.35pm."
The cause of both fires was accidental.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years