Fenland fish and chip business up for national award
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland fish and chip business is up for a national award.
Petrou Brothers, of Chatteris, is one of three finalists in the Staff Training and Development Award category of The National Fish & Chip Awards 2014, organised by Seafish.
The award rewards businesses that are committed to developing their staff to the highest level - they are judged on staff interview processes, business training policy and staff appraisal procedures.
Petrou Brothers are up against Harbourside Fish & Chips in Plymouth and Mr C’s in Selby, with the winner revealed at a ceremony hosted by television chef Jean Christophe Novelli in London on January 22.
Mark Petrou, owner of Petrou Brothers, said: “We’re delighted to be shortlisted for this category as we know how important staff training is in the business.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been in the final before so we’re hoping to go all the way this time and take the prize home with us.
“We’ve been involved with the awards for a long time now, winning the flagship category in 2006, but staff training and development is one that’s close to our hearts.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
“I believe we’ve got the most comprehensive training manual of any fish and chip shop in the world, we’ve got everything covered from turning the key in the morning to locking up at night and that stands us in good stead for the final.”