Fenland fishing and camping lodges are o-fish-ally opened
- Credit: Archant
TOURISM in the Fens was put under the spotlight when MP Steve Barclay attended the official opening of new holiday lodges in Doddington.
Fields End Water camping and fishing park was unveiled by Mr Barclay who received a guided tour from Park owners Charlie and Michelle Boughton.
The luxury log cabins, which include outdoor hot tubs, have been designed for holidaymakers interested in a five star fishing getaway as well those wanting a quiet rural break.
Mr Barclay said: “Charlie and Michelle deserve great credit for developing these fantastic facilities which will attract visitors to our area.
“Local tourism has a vital role to play in creating jobs and attracting inward investment.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s really encouraging to see local businesses expanding and I am confident these stylish lodges will be a big hit.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover