Fenland funeral director to cycle from Huntington to Hunstanton for Sue Ryder Care
FUNERAL directors Tamara Fulcher and Brendan Smith will be swapping their sombre work clothes for something rather more sporty when they take on a charity cycle ride at the end of the month.
The intrepid pair are planning to ride the 61 miles from Huntingdon to Hunstanton, starting their marathon journey on Friday August 26, at 6am.
Tamara, who works at George James and Son of March, part of the Anglia Co-operative Funerals group, is raising money for Sue Ryder Care’s Thorpe Hall Hospice in Peterborough.
Brendan, who works for The Anglia Co-operative Funerals in Huntingdon, is hoping that the sponsored cycle ride will raise more than �200 for the East Anglian Children’s Hospice
He said: “Neither of us has done anything like this before, so it will be a real challenge for both of us. I would like to thank Grafham Bike Care for their support and guidance.
You may also want to watch:
“EACH is our chosen charity this year. We held a fun run in June, and I decided to do the cycle ride to raise even more funds.
“By the time we get to Hunstanton, I think we will be ready for a celebratory drink, and perhaps some fish and chips.”
- 1 Care home is out of special measures – but still requires improvement
- 2 Hospital worker 'swerving' on road was over alcohol limit on way to work
- 3 Driver pulled from three-car wreck as one vehicle flips onto its side
- 4 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 5 Mum lifts lockdown blues with joyous cycle ride
- 6 Cut in funding to highways maintenance across Cambridgeshire in 2021
- 7 Flooding: 'We’ve probably lost around £10,000'
- 8 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 9 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 10 Tribute to Capt Tom and to all grieving from Covid-19 losses
• Anyone wanting to support the cyclists can do so by sending a cheque written to either of the charities, and sending it to Anglia Co-operative Funerals, 3 St Peter’s Road, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 7AA.