Fenland gets behind Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning with events across the district
- Credit: Archant
Businesses across Fenland have been doing their bit for charity today.
Our photographer Rob Morris visited five separate coffee mornings held in aid of Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
At VIP Hair in Walsoken, there were stalls selling plants, jam, chutney, jewellery, flowers, cakes, pies and knitted baby items. If that was not enough, a raffle was held.
VIP Hair was not the only hairdressers getting in on the act - Finishing touches in March put on an event too.
Two Chatteris estate agents - TPayne and Ellis Winters - staged coffee mornings, as did Sanctuary’s Doddington Court, where visitors enjoyed tea, coffee and homemade cakes.
You may also want to watch:
ALS foods of Chatteris completed the fantastic five who did Fenland proud, raising serious money for an important cause.
To donate to Macmillan, go to www.macmillan.org.uk
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home