Fenland Gymnastics Academy take bronze at county championships
GYMNASTS from Fenland have won several medals at the county championships, with Fenland Academy taking a bronze in the overall team competiton.
The highlight of the championships was the performance of senior gymnast Charlotte Ward, who scooped gold in the level three ladies artistic competition.
Charlotte, who finished three points clear of her nearest rival, will now progress to the regional finals in October.
Other standout performers included Paris Wakelen and Sophie Youles, who finished fifth at their level, Beth Marsh, who sealed her place in the regional finals by finishing fourth, and Nikki Colangelo, who won silver with a stylish floor routine.
Daisy Leask, Chloe Hawes and Sophie Wicks, the youngest member of the team aged just 11, also put in strong performances to help Fenland Academy take the bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Stewart Harrison said: “Everyone put in a good performance and we are very pleased with them. It’s not beyond our reach to have an Olympic quality gymnast one day.
“They all work hard as a team. With the talent we have coming through, that team bronze could well be a silver or gold in the next few years.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Anyone wishing to try artistic gymnastics should visit www.fenlandgym.co.uk for more information.