Fenland haulier says he expects go ahead for expansion to be given once facts are known
HAULIER Tony Knowles believes objections to the expansion of a site in Fenland will be withdrawn once planners “get all the facts”.
Mr Knowles told Road Transport magazine that far from throwing in the towel, he had every confidence his plans would succeed.
Last week we reported how Mr Knowles had withdrawn a major application to expand his grain store in Manea Road, Wimblington.
This followed a recommendation to refuse the application by council officials following highways and access concerns.
The application had been due to be debated by Fenland District Council Planning Committee but Mr Knowles instructed his agent to withdraw the application before councillors could debate it.
You may also want to watch:
Now Mr Knowles has said publicly he believes that once objections have been sorted he expects to be able to go ahead with the 2,400 square metre extension.
Objections have been raised by local residents, the Highways Agency and the Environment Agency to the proposals which also include a reservoir and parking for HGV vehicles.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Of the application Mr Knowles told Road Transport magazine: “I withdrew it at their request and it will be re-submitted next month.
“It’s all being dealt with by specialist people who can get them the answers.
“There won’t be any traffic problems, there never has been. I bought it off a haulage contractor, it’s been a haulage yard for the last 40 years and there were a lot more vehicles than I intend on using.
“Objections can be over-ruled and changed once they get all the facts.”