Fenland jobseekers get confidence boost with free course
JOBSEEKERS in Fenland are taking part in confidence-booster courses to improve their chances of landing a job.
The CP learning Trust held ‘Confident You’ courses at March Library this week to help people be assertive while they are looking for work in the current economic climate. The course also runs next week at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech.
It is hoped it will help candidates keep their cool, deflect any tough questions and charm their way back into employment.
Development worker Wendy Stevenson said: “We do the course because a lot of people in the area have low self-esteem, don’t feel they have any value and don’t feel they can do things. However that is not true at all.
“We try to look at it from an employment point of view and help people going for interview put themselves across in a confident way.”
Ms Stevenson said that, in one case, the course transformed the confidence of a woman who could not muster the inner strength to take her kids to school.
• The course at the Oasis Centre starts on Tuesday (June 22) and will run for two days. For more information call the Oasis Centre on 01945 461526.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall