Fenland jobseekers get confidence boost with free course
JOBSEEKERS in Fenland are taking part in confidence-booster courses to improve their chances of landing a job.
The CP learning Trust held ‘Confident You’ courses at March Library this week to help people be assertive while they are looking for work in the current economic climate. The course also runs next week at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech.
It is hoped it will help candidates keep their cool, deflect any tough questions and charm their way back into employment.
Development worker Wendy Stevenson said: “We do the course because a lot of people in the area have low self-esteem, don’t feel they have any value and don’t feel they can do things. However that is not true at all.
“We try to look at it from an employment point of view and help people going for interview put themselves across in a confident way.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Stevenson said that, in one case, the course transformed the confidence of a woman who could not muster the inner strength to take her kids to school.
• The course at the Oasis Centre starts on Tuesday (June 22) and will run for two days. For more information call the Oasis Centre on 01945 461526.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'