Fenland jobseekers get confidence boost with free course
JOBSEEKERS in Fenland are taking part in confidence-booster courses to improve their chances of landing a job.
The CP learning Trust held ‘Confident You’ courses at March Library this week to help people be assertive while they are looking for work in the current economic climate. The course also runs next week at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech.
It is hoped it will help candidates keep their cool, deflect any tough questions and charm their way back into employment.
Development worker Wendy Stevenson said: “We do the course because a lot of people in the area have low self-esteem, don’t feel they have any value and don’t feel they can do things. However that is not true at all.
“We try to look at it from an employment point of view and help people going for interview put themselves across in a confident way.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Stevenson said that, in one case, the course transformed the confidence of a woman who could not muster the inner strength to take her kids to school.
• The course at the Oasis Centre starts on Tuesday (June 22) and will run for two days. For more information call the Oasis Centre on 01945 461526.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run