Fenland lawyers to MoonWalk in London for breast cancer causes
TWO Fenland lawyers will take part in a high-profile charity event in London to raise funds for breast cancer causes.
Catherine Spencer and Sarah Lamb, both lawyers at Fraser Dawbarns, have entered as the Lovely Lawyers team in The MoonWalk in London, which starts at midnight on May 12.
They will walk a marathon distance - 26.2 miles - wearing decorated bras to raise awareness for breast cancer.
Mrs Spencer, who works as a lawyer in Fraser Dawbarns’ family law team, said “It will be a fantastic experience walking with thousands of others through the streets of London at night in support of such a worthy cause.
“We hope to reach the required fitness level over the next few months. We train early on a Saturday morning in the Wisbech, Gorefield or Leverington areas. So if you see two ladies dressed in pink do give us a wave to show your support”
You may also want to watch:
The MoonWalk is organised by Walk the Walk, a charity dedicated to raising money for vital breast cancer causes and encouraging men and women to become fitter and healthier by taking control of their wellbeing. Last year there were 15,000 walkers.
• To sponsor the Lovely Lawyers contact either Mrs Spencer (tel 01945 586638, e-mail email@example.com) or Mrs Lamb (tel 01945 586624, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Alternatively, visit www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/catherine_spencer or www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/sarah_lamb