Fenland man due in court in connection with theft of �16,000 worth of memorabilia
A FENLAND man is due to appear in court on Monday in connection with the theft of more than �16,000 of sports and music memorabilia.
The signed goods were ordered from a Romford-based company in February last year by a man who said he wanted them for a charity auction. He asked for them to be sent to the Marriott Hotel, at Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon.
On Thursday March 4 last year the items arrived at the hotel. They were picked up from reception by two men who claimed they were going to show them to a select number of guests in the bar prior to the auction. However, the men did not return and the items were not paid for.
Tom Smith, 23, of South Side, Wimbotsham, King’s Lynn – and formerly of March, Cambridgeshire- has been charged with fraud by false representation and is due to appear at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
Earlier this year we revealed how police had made a breakthrough in arresting a man from the March area on suspicion of handling stolen goods but it is not thought to be the same man now charged in relation to the theft.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV images of the men wanted in connection with the theft itself had been widely circulated.
Included in the list of stolen property was:
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- A signed Ricky Hatton boxing glove. It has a hologram on the back of the frame with the property mark in it.
- Boxing legends picture signed by John Conteh, Charlie Magri, Dave Boy Green and two others. Again, has a hologram on the back of the frame containing the property mark.
- England football shirt from 1966 signed by nine of the players - �600
- Michael Jackson Thriller, original vinyl LP, signed by Michael Jackson - �1300
- Lewis Hamilton official glove - �395
- Floyd Mayweather boxing glove - �395
- Rat Pack, Strangers in the Night LP - �1750
- Elvis Presley, Elvis Presley LP - �1650
- The Beatles Revolver LP - �7000
- David Bowie Low LP - �485
- Rolling Stones, It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll LP - �950
- The Who, Who’s Next LP - �850
- Take That, song sheet, Up All Night - �295