Fenland man jailed for five and a half years for sexual assault on child
A WHITTLESEY man has been jailed for five-and-a-half years for sexually assaulting a child over a period of 10 years.
“Heaven knows what wreckage and impact you have left behind,” a judge told Anthony Shipman at Lincoln Crown Court.
Judge Sean Morris told Shipman: “Your perversions started when she was very young indeed.”
Shipman, of Eastgate, Whittlesey, was first questioned by police about the allegations of abuse six years ago after his then wife discovered indecent photos of the girl.
Although the victim was traced and interviewed, police in Grantham- where Shipman then lived- decided to let him off with a caution.
You may also want to watch:
However last year the victim complained to police, Eastman was again interviewed, and this time admitted sexual abuse.
Shipman, 50, admitted three charges of indecent assault and three charges of indecency with a child between 1993 and 2004.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash