Fenland man jailed for five and a half years for sexual assault on child
A WHITTLESEY man has been jailed for five-and-a-half years for sexually assaulting a child over a period of 10 years.
“Heaven knows what wreckage and impact you have left behind,” a judge told Anthony Shipman at Lincoln Crown Court.
Judge Sean Morris told Shipman: “Your perversions started when she was very young indeed.”
Shipman, of Eastgate, Whittlesey, was first questioned by police about the allegations of abuse six years ago after his then wife discovered indecent photos of the girl.
Although the victim was traced and interviewed, police in Grantham- where Shipman then lived- decided to let him off with a caution.
You may also want to watch:
However last year the victim complained to police, Eastman was again interviewed, and this time admitted sexual abuse.
Shipman, 50, admitted three charges of indecent assault and three charges of indecency with a child between 1993 and 2004.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned