Fenland manufacturing business excited for future as it celebrates another birthday
- Credit: Archant
A family run Fenland manufacturing business is celebrating 21 years in the play industry this month.
In the past few months Fenland Leisure Products have been busier than ever - they were involved in the DIY SOS Big Build for Little Miracles last October.
The company manufactured a suspension bridge, balance beams, swinging steps, play post panels and a bird nest swing, which they donated to the project.
They then sent a team to install the playground at Little Miracles’ Peterborough centre.
The charity supports families struggling with difficulties ranging from babies born prematurely or with disabilities to mums suffering post natal depression.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Little Miracles said: “The children absolutely love the activity equipment in the garden. Thank you to Fenland Leisure Products for all they have done.”
Managing director Andrew Sparrow is excited about the future of the business, which prides itself on being environmentally friendly and was nominated in the Contribution to the Environmental Capital category at the Peterborough Telegraph/PECT Green Awards 2013.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
He said: “Thanks to an excellent dedicated team of staff and family support. We are now looking forward to the challenges ahead.”