£2,000 boost for Fenland Music Centre Association thanks to Tesco’s Bags of Help scheme
- Credit: Archant
The Fenland Music Centre Association (FMCA) has received a £2,000 boost thanks to Tesco’s Bags of Help scheme.
Tesco community champion Kelly Riddell struck the right note with the FMCA on Saturday, when she presented the cheque to members of the local music group.
A spokesman for the FMCA orchestra said: “We are very grateful to Kelly and Tesco for bringing much needed funds to our local charity.
“Last year we celebrated our 50th year of providing orchestras, bands and ensembles for local musicians to play in and this lovely donation will help towards the continuation of this much needed community project.”
The FMCA meets every Friday evening at 6pm at the March Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The group consists of a training orchestra, community orchestra, concert band, senior string, wind, and recorder ensembles and the Fenland Youth Swing Band.
The FMCA also runs taster sessions.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
It is open to musicians of all ages and abilities. For more information visit the group’s website: www.fenlandmusiccentre.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org