Fenland Music Centre Association’s Christmas concert raises £574
- Credit: Archant
£574 was raised for the Fenland Music Centre Association at their annual Christmas concert.
A packed St Peter's Church in March saw the FMCA put on one of their best performances to date.
Conductors Ceri Griffin and Beth Letts created a festive atmosphere with their choice of repertoire
The concert was performed by three orchestras, a concert band, swing band and string, wind and recorder ensembles.
The money will enable volunteers to continue bringing music and educational opportunities to the local area.
You may also want to watch:
An FMCA spokesman said: "A well attended Christmas concert is vital to our charity and it is heart-warming to see such generous support shown each year for our concerts.
"So heart warming in fact, that nobody hardly noticed the fact that the boiler had decided to give up the ghost and join three other well known festive spirits - Scrooge certainly would have felt at home.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 9 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 10 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
"The FMCA welcomes musicians of any age or ability and looks forward to welcoming new members in the New Year, when we kick-off rehearsing again on Friday January 10.
"We would like to thank all the volunteers, musicians and, most importantly the public that made the concert possible and wish them all a merry Christmas.
"Please check out our website www.fenlandmusciccentre.org.uk for more details."