Hundreds raised for Fenland Music Centre Association at their annual Christmas concert
- Credit: Archant
More than £700 was raised at the Fenland Music Centre Association’s annual Christmas concert.
The £711 raised on the night will help the group’s volunteers continue to bring music and educational opportunities to the local community. A packed St Peter’s Church in March saw the FMCA put on one of their best performances to date.
Conductors Ceri Griffin, Beth Letts and Theo Letts created the perfect festive atmosphere with their choice of repertoire that was performed by three orchestras, two bands and three ensembles.
An FMCA spokesman said: “A well attended Christmas concert is vital to our charity and enables us to continue to serve budding musicians of any age or ability, throughout the local community.
“We would like to thank everybody that made the concert possible and wish them all a very Merry Christmas.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.fenlandmusiccentre.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told