Fenland Music Centre receives �600 cheque from March Rotary Club following annual concert
MARCH Rotary Club has handed over �600 to Fenland Music Centre, the proceeds from the annual concert staged in St Peter’s Church earlier this year.
Club members welcomed Claire Richardson and Hannah Caller from the Centre to their monthly meeting, where the cheque was presented by vice-president Ross Davies.
Claire thanked the Rotary Club for the support shown to the 175 students who attend Fenland Music Centre. The concert was the first time that some of the youngsters performed in public.
The club also pledged its support in promoting the concert next year.
The meeting continued with a talk from member Peter English, who gave a fascinating talks about his professional life in civil engineering, and his involvement in the reconstruction of The Angel underground station in London in 1992.
You may also want to watch:
A vote of thanks was given by Ross Davies.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car