Fenland Poppy Appeal organisers thank contributors after raising �33,000 this year
THE Poppy Appeal organisers in March and Wisbech have praised people who supported this year’s appeal.
A BIG thank you to the people of March who have raised �17,006.41 so far for this year’s Poppy Appeal.
Each year more people come to the Legion for help and the cost of that help is increasing. Daily we hear of young servicemen and women employed in peace keeping duties, often in considerable danger, and this means that there will always be a need to provide help for them and their dependants, when they themselves no longer can. That is why the poppy appeal is so important.
Thank you, March, on behalf of those who will now benefit from your support.
Our thanks also to the many volunteers who have helped us with this years appeal.
You may also want to watch:
KAY AND ALEC LARHAM
Poppy Appeal Organisers
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
THROUGH your pages, I would like to thank everyone who contributed in any way to this year’s Poppy Appeal, including my collectors who gave their time. Together to date, we have raised �16,700.
Poppy Appeal Organiser
Wisbech and District