Fenland primary school head quits with immediate effect ‘to seek other opportunities’
- Credit: Archant
A March head teacher has quit with immediate effect “to seek other opportunities” parents were told.
Parents were only told yesterday – the same day Anna Traer-Goffe left and handed over, temporarily, to Neale-Wade principal Jason Wing.
Mr Wing, whose own school is part of the same Active Learning Trust Academy chain, will double up for the immediate future.
Burrowmoor has some 400 pupils and received a ’satisfactory’ grading by Ofsted in 2012 but findings from a recent inspection have yet to be published. Some fear the school could be placed in special measures but this is not confirmed.
Mr Wing, in an email to parents and carers of pupils at Burrowmoor, said that Mrs Traer-Goffe “has decided to leave her post with the school with effect from the end of April 2015”. His email was dated April 30.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This is the normal periodic date of resignation for teaching staff. Mrs Traer-Goffe has made this decision in order to seek other opportunities, challenges and career developments. I know that you will join all the staff of the school and the Active Learning Trust in wishing her well for the future.”
Mr Wing said: “As you know, the school awaits the public release of its March Ofsted inspection which we anticipate will be received shortly after the General Election.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
“We will ensure that as soon as we have the finalised report of the inspection you are advised of the result”.
Recently the Active Learning Trust has advertised to find two parent governors for Burrowmoor- closing date is May 6.
Among recent comments by parents on the Ofsted website, a fifth of those who responded said they were not happy with bullying at the school.
However fourth fifths of parents said they would recommend the school to others.