Fenland residents treated for smoke inhalation after chip pan blaze

PUBLISHED: 13:58 28 May 2011

Fire

Fire

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a house fire in March last night after an unattended chip pan set the kitchen alight.

Two fire crews were called to the blaze High School Close just after 6pm. The fire had started in kitchen, where a chip pan had been left on.

An ambulance was called as the house occupants had suffered from smoke inhalation. Firefighters treated the residents with oxygen therapy until the paramedics had arrived.

The blaze was extinguished and crews returned to their stations just before 7pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Cambs Times