Fenland’s blood donors recognised for saving countless lives at special ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Nine Fenland blood donors have been recognised for rolling up their sleeves and saving lives.
They were presented with crystal awards at a ceremony held by NHS Blood and Transplant at Norwich City Football Club.
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager at NHS Blood and Transplant, said: “We would like to thank these donors for their commitment and dedication.
“They are an inspiration to us all and we hope that others will follow in their footsteps to save and improve the lives of many people.
“We always need new donors. The more people register and donate, the easier it is for us to collect the blood the NHS needs.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone aged between 17 - 65, weighing more than 50 kg and in good health could become a blood donor.
There is no upper age limit for donors who have donated in the last two years.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
For more information or to book an appointment call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk