Fenland’s RAF heroes celebrate a year of success with dinner at Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March
- Credit: Archant
The Fenland branch of the National Service (RAF) Association celebrated the first anniversary of the creation of the group by holding a dinner at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
60 members and guests were welcomed by the Mayor of March Rob Skoulding, and RAF Whittering Squadron leader Mike Stocks was a special guest for the dinner on Monday January 18.
The members were entertained by local singer Lula May, who sung hits from a bygone era.
Chairman Graham Wesley said: “Our first year has been a great success.”
The group’s next meeting will be on February 15 at 10am, where they will host a talk from Nene Valley Railway.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to join the Fenland branch, please call Graham on 01354 657686.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol