Fenland’s Rainbows meet Santa during Christmas sleepover
- Credit: Archant
Rainbows from Doddington, Manea and March enjoyed a Christmas sleepover at Trinity Church, March.
During the adventure the 20 girls ate a traditional turkey dinner and made reindeer biscuits, candle cakes, snowman table decorations and Christmas stockings.
If that was not enough, they received a visit from Santa and played party games.
The event co-ordinator, Paula Syred, said: “The sleepover was a great chance for the girls aged five to seven to get away and enjoy each other’s company in a safe, girl-only space.
“All the girls told me how much they enjoyed themselves. For some it was the first time away from parents and it is great to see their confidence grow.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact Girlguiding on 0800 1695901 or go to www.girlguiding.org.uk
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital