Fenland’s sports clubs and leisure organisations in line for big funding boost under Living Sport’s Sportivate programme
- Credit: Archant
More than £70,000 of funding is up for grabs for Fenland’s sports clubs and other leisure organisations.
Living Sport’s Sportivate programme gives organisations across the county a chance to get funding to help create sporting and physical activity opportunities for 16-25 year olds by delivering six weeks of beginner sessions.
More than £10,000 is available before March 2015 and more than £60,000 after March 2015
A workshop on how to get the Sportivate funding will be held at the Manor Centre in Whittlesey on June 5 from 7.30-9.30pm.
It is being run by Living Sport, the county sports partnership for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, in conjunction with Fenland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Chapman, Living Sport’s projects officer, said: “To continue the success of Sportivate in the area we want to offer clubs and organisations in the Fenland district the opportunity to learn more about accessing Sportivate.
“The workshop will include some background about Sportivate funding, how to apply for it and how to start engaging further with local young people to get them more active and into your clubs.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
For more information, visit www.livingsport.co.uk/player/sportivate, or call Andrew Chapman on 01487 849926. To book places at the workshop, e-mail email@example.com and state how many people will be attending.